Shiatsu Massage Therapy
Shiatsu is fully clothed bodywork originating from Japan that combines Traditional Chinese Medicine and massage with Western physiotherapy. It is often called the no-needle acupuncture or acupressure, as it works with the meridians of the body (rivers of flow), using touch to balance and tonify these rivers.
Shiatsu uses an holistic approach focused on treating the whole person; the mental, physical, and spiritual aspects, hence it is used to treat a wide range of acute to chronic conditions.
Shiatsu has an established reputation for reducing stress and tension, supporting healthy sleep patterns, alleviating pain, improving circulation and boosting the immune system.
Overall Shiatsu enhances physical vitality and emotional well being.
What to expect?
- Each session lasts approximately one hour. The first session may be slightly longer since your practitioner will ask for details of your current state of health, any medical conditions, history, and lifestyle. The practitioner may take written notes.
- You remain fully clothed at all times. The session usually takes place on a padded mat or futon at floor level, although it is possible to receive Shiatsu seated or on a treatment couch. NB Please wear loose fitting, long sleeved, comfortable clothes.
- Your practitioner will treat your whole body by using finger or palm pressure or sometimes, if needed, using knees, elbows and feet.
- Shiatsu can involve rotation and stretches of joints and limbs.
- Following Shiatsu, due to the body’s natural healing process, there can be a feeling of increased vitality and you may feel invigorated yet relaxed. To experience the full benefits you may wish to rest for an hour or two after having received Shiatsu.
Full Shiatsu: £48
60 minutes. First session will include a consultation to tailor the treatment to the individual. After the full body treatment, on subsequent sessions, you may be advised on exercises and pressure points for your healing journey.
30 minutes. More general work, mainly upper body.
15 minutes. Facial pressure points, for a quick stress buster, relieving tension in the face.
Please click here to book, email email@example.com or call 01992 503141. Please note, if you wish to book a shiatsu session for a time outside of those shown on the bookings page, please contact us and we will try to accommodate you.