Online Yoga Classes
With the current global situation as it is, we know that yoga, Pilates and meditation are more important than ever in helping us to maintain good health and wellbeing.
While the Secret Space studios classes have limited space, we are offering a range of online classes, courses and workshops available via Zoom , where you can see and interact with everyone else in the class – so you can continue to practice in the comfort of your own space at home.
Book your class online in the usual way, and make sure you have this email address added to your contacts as you’ll receive the class link and joining instructions once you’ve booked in: Business41366@mindbodyonline.com
If you are new to booking online, or having difficulty logging in, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07946 513846
If you would like to help the Secret Space Charity stay afloat during this unpredictable time, we’re welcoming donations to cover our overheads and keep us open after this wave has passed.
Your Online Class - How it works
You will need to have a device that has a camera to join us, and you will need to book your place online, although if you are unable to do that for any reason, please drop us an email or call us on 01992 503141 or 07946 513846
Once you have made your booking, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to the online class, you can then follow these simple steps:
- Click on the link in the email
- If you don’t already have Zoom you will need to download it. It is very simple; just follow the instructions that come up. It may take a couple of minutes to download
- Once you have opened Zoom, if you are not directed straight away to the class, go back to the email and click on the link again and it will take you into the class. You may be prompted at some point to enable audio and video, if not scroll to the bottom left of the screen and look for the audio and video buttons and enable them
- You will be prompted to enter your name
- You will then be invited to join the ‘meeting’.
- When you log onto the workshop please mute your volume. If you have a question in the workshop you can raise a hand and the teacher will unmute you. This saves lots of people talking at once.
Getting the most from your class
Allow a little time before the session to make sure your technology is set up properly. You need to be able to see the screen easily, and hear the teacher, and the camera on your device needs to be placed so the teacher can also see what you’re doing. Opting for gallery view will bring images of all participants onto your screen and you will have more of the experience of a group class, although the image of your teacher will be smaller. Experiment before the class to see which setup works best for you.
Prepare a nice quiet space for yourself to practice in. We suggest you don’t have any music on in the background, as it may distort and or be in competition with your voice if you need to speak to the teacher.
Arrange with other members of your household (including the dog) that you are not interrupted.
Make sure you are warm enough and comfortable, that you have enough room to move around a little, and you have any props you might need ready to hand. We suggest the following: if you don’t have all of these things you can always improvise with blankets and cushions, and if you don’t have blocks, why not try a pile of books?
A mat, 2 blocks, a brick, a belt, a blanket and some water.
For Iyengar classes you will probably need 4 blocks and 2 bricks, a belt a blanket and a bolster.
For Yin classes you will also need a bolster or rolled up towel/rolled up blanket.
If you wish to purchase equipment send us an email or give us a call and we can direct you where best to get this from.
Don’t forget, you will be visible to other class members, so you’d be advised to dress as you would if you were attending a face to face yoga class.
Above all, relax and enjoy the experience, and don’t take any risks. You are your own best teacher. Be guided by your body and stay within its limits.
Although there are tremendous benefits to overall health and wellbeing, yoga and Pilates can be physically challenging and carries with them risks that cannot entirely be eliminated. These include the risk of personal injury, or the exacerbation of existing injuries or conditions, or damage to property around you during your participation. Please make sure that you check the levels (beginners, Intermediate, Advanced) and the intensity (gentle, medium, strong) to ensure that this is an appropriate class for you.
Please note that although you may appear on video link during the live stream of the class, the instructor may not be able to see you clearly or instruct you individually as is possible in a face-to-face teaching scenario.
Your live-streamed class is restricted to number of participants. During the class, you (or anyone else who comes into the frame, including children) may be visible to other participants. Please switch off your video if you do not wish to be seen by other participants or may be disturbed during the class by other people. No recording of the video will be made. If you are taking part in a live-streamed session that is being recorded you will be asked in advance to give your consent to this, in accordance with GDPR legislation.
- You must act responsibility and sensibly at all times.
- You must not participate if you are pregnant (unless in a specific pregnancy class) or under the influence of alcohol or non- prescription drugs.
- Neither your teacher nor The Secret Space are qualified to express an opinion that you are fit to safely participate in any Secret Space organized class, course or workshop.
- PARTICULAR CONDITIONS
If you are in any doubt about the suitability of any class you must obtain professional or specialist advice from your doctor before participating.
- Clear enough space to safely carry out the exercises without hitting items around you.
- Check that the device you are using is securely positioned and will not interfere with your movement.
- Listen to your body. Follow any safety instructions or suitable modifications or adjustments to the exercise as instructed.
By attending a class you are confirming that you have chosen a class that is suitable for you and that you will discuss any medical conditions or disabilities with your teacher before the class. You also agree to notify us of any changes that were not recorded at the time you filled out your initial new client medical form. You agree to take responsibility for your own practice and listen to your body and stop if a posture or the class becomes too strenuous or uncomfortable for you. You are your own best teacher. Be guided by your body and stay within its limits. . In the absence of any negligence or other breach of duty by your teacher, participating in this yoga class is entirely at your own risk.