Here at the Secret Space we’re doing everything we can to keep you and all our staff safe.
We have put the following procedures in place, and would ask you to help us and your fellow clients by following these guidelines.
What you can expect from us
- We have upgraded our cleaning schedule to include thorough cleaning and airing of the studios between sessions – we have increased the time between sessions to allow for this. We have also increased the frequency of cleaning in our communal areas.
- Windows will be kept open as far as possible during sessions to ensure good air-flow – we will also deploy fans as needed.
- We have provided hand sanitising stations throughout the building.
- The changing rooms will remain closed until it is deemed safe for them to re-open.
- Class sizes will be adjusted to allow for social distancing between students – this also makes for a smaller class, where the teacher is able to give each student a little more individual attention!
- We will have boxes available for personal belongings and outdoor clothing during a session. These will be thoroughly cleaned between each use.
- Teachers will be adhering to the guidelines set out by their governing bodies, and all staff will be mindful of keeping the number of people in communal areas to a minimum in order to maintain a safe distance
- We will store your name and contact details for 21-days in line with government guidance. This is so we can contact you should we need to inform you of a suspected case of COVID-19. All data will be stored under current data protection guidelines and will not be used for any other purpose.
What we ask from you
- Please do not attend the Secret Space if you or anyone in your household has shown any COVID-19 symptoms in the last 7 days, or if you have been advised to self-isolate following contact with anyone who is symptomatic.
- Please pre-book and pay for classes in advance, there will be no walk-in places allowed for the time being. You can do so online, or by giving us a call. If you’re booking by phone, it may take a little longer than usual to get back to you, so plan ahead if you can!
- Please be sure to read any communications from us before your session – emails may include instructions about your visit.
- Please arrive for your class no more than 5 minutes before the start time, and wait for the teacher to invite you in. You can wait under the arch if it’s raining.
- When entering the centre please do not touch anything you don’t need to. If you do please let the teacher or therapist know so that they can wipe the area. Please use the hand sanitizer in reception on your way in.
- Please come dressed for your session. Our changing rooms are closed, so you will not be able to change your clothes here, other than to remove outdoor clothing and shoes.
- Please bring your own mat and any other equipment you need: This is usually 2 blocks, a brick, a belt, a blanket and some water. For Iyengar classes you will probably need 4 blocks and 2 bricks, a belt and blanket. For Yin classes you will also need a bolster or rolled up towel/rolled up blanket.
- If you sneeze or cough whilst in the building please do so into a disposable tissue and dispose of immediately. Please then immediately wash or sanitize your hands.